- Jacksonville Community Center
- October 8, 2020
- Thursday, 1:30 PM to 3:00 PM
Contact event manager
Join local archeologist Chelsea Rose for a historical walking tour of Jacksonville! Learn about some fascinating places in our community. The tour will start and end at the Center while making stops along Main Street by Chinatown and the Britt as well as the Old Fire Station and Courthouse. Register today to reserve your spot, space is limited.
Cost: $5 Donation
Audience: Adults and Families
Presenter: Chelsea Rose
- Registrations will be limited to the first 20 people who register and submit their payment.
- Masks are required, social distance will be practiced, and a contract tracing questionnaire will be completed by each participant.
- If you would like to bring your own lawn chair or camp chair feel free to do that. Folding chairs will be provided.
About the Presenter:
Chelsea Rose is a historical archaeologist who focuses on the settlement and development of the American West. She graduated with honors from the University of Oregon, and received her graduate degree in Cultural Resources Management from Sonoma State University. Rose’s recent work has included research in the Jacksonville Chinese Quarter, the homestead of frontier photographer Peter Britt, the native Hawaiian mining camp of Kanaka Flat, and the Historic Applegate Trail. Rose regularly works with the media, students, and community volunteers in an effort to promote archaeological awareness and encourage historical stewardship.
- Please be aware of the following requirements when participating in an INDOOR Jacksonville Community Center activity:
- All participants will fill out a brief COVID questionnaire each time they participate in an activity. On that questionnaire you will agree that you have not, in the past 14 days, been in contact with anyone that you knew had COVID-19, and neither you nor anyone in your residence has in the past 7 days had a fever greater than 100 degrees, cough, sore throat, respiratory illness, difficulty breathing or loss of taste or smell. If any of the conditions apply to you, you may not participate in the activity. You will also be asked to provide basic contact information to use in the event contact tracing is necessary with an infected individual. Your information will only be used for this purpose and will not be shared or used for any other reason.
- Participants will be required to use face coverings at all times while in the facility. We will have masks available for $1.00.
- We will be posting signage that instructs all attendees to maintain 6 feet of physical distance, unless they are from the same family unit. Each participant is responsible for keeping their chair and/or themselves 6 feet in distance from others at all times.
- We have closed the water fountains at the Center, please bring your own water, if necessary.