- Parking lot near the entrance of the Jacksonville Cemetery
- July 1, 2021
- Thursday, 9:00 AM to 10:00 AM
Contact event manager
Book your tickets
Outdoor Tai Chi with Carolyn – July 2021
Parking lot near the entrance of the Jacksonville Cemetery
Thursday, 9:00 AM to 10:00 AM
July 1, 2021
New time! 30 minutes earlier to beat the heat!
NO CLASS ON JULY 22nd.
Cost: $5 Donation (scholarships available)
Dates: Thursdays (7/1, 7/8, 7/15, (7/22 OFF) , 7/29)
Location: Parking lot near the entrance of the Jacksonville Cemetery (weather permitting), Enter on West D St.
Registration required and limited. Register by 10:00 pm on the Sunday before the program date.
Masks and social distancing will be required until positioned 6-feet from others.
All classes start on time. Please arrive 5 minutes early to fill out the necessary paperwork.
Practice Tai Chi and relax while you tone and gently exercise your body. Tai Chi incorporates balance, breathing, and slow movements of the entire body while relaxing your mind. Tai Chi will gradually improve your posture, balance, flexibility and sense of well being by the continued practice of this Chinese art form.
New students can begin the class anytime.
Carolyn Wolf is a retired educator, transplanted from California. For the past 12 years she has been studying and practicing Tai Chi and Qigong with her Sifu, Estin Kiger, here in the Rogue Valley. She has a Practice Leader Certificate from the Institute of Integral Qigong and Tai Chi, and has been leading practice groups for six years. The rest of her life is consumed by gardening, hiking and exploring beautiful Southern Oregon, and creating one of a kind scrap quilts and fiber art.
Please be advised: If a class needs to be cancelled, registrants will receive an email at least an hour before class. Please check your email prior to attending our classes.
Please be aware of the following guidelines when participating in ALL Jacksonville Community Center activities:
- Pre-registration is strongly encouraged. If you do not pre-register, you will be required to fill out a waiver each time you participate in one of our programs.
- Participants will not be required to use face coverings while they are participating in a Jacksonville Community Center activity.
- However, OHA strongly recommends that individuals who are unvaccinated or who are at risk for severe COVID-19 disease continue to wear a mask, face covering or face shield when in outdoor crowded areas or in indoor gatherings, and maintain physical distancing.
- People who choose to continue to wear a mask at our activities for any reason will be supported in their decision to do so.
- Please be respectful of others’ space as we transition to events that do not require masks or distancing.