- Jacksonville Community Center Great Room
- October 22, 2020
- Thursday, 1:30 PM to 3:00 PM
Contact event manager
Using live cuttings, this presentation will focus on the underlying principles of Ikebana. Through audience participation, slides, and step-by-step arranging, attendees will appreciate the basic components of an Ikebana arrangement. Come learn how to use a few stems to enhance your environment and peace- filled atmosphere.
Cost: $5 Donation
Audience: Adults and Families
Presenter: Cathy Cooper
- Registrations will be limited to the first 20 people who register and submit their payment.
- Masks are required, social distance will be practiced, and a contract tracing questionnaire will be completed by each participant.
- If you would like to bring your own lawn chair or camp chair feel free to do that. Folding chairs will be provided.
About the Presenter:
Cathy Cooper, is Jacksonville resident and JCC contributor. Curious about the peaceful nature of Ikebana, she completed 8 years studying Ikenobo-Ikebana. With 15 Japanese women, ranging in age from 30 to 80, they were instructed by a sensi (master teacher). Cathy misses their companionship and expertise.
- Please be aware of the following requirements when participating in an INDOOR Jacksonville Community Center activity:
- All participants will fill out a brief COVID questionnaire each time they participate in an activity. On that questionnaire you will agree that you have not, in the past 14 days, been in contact with anyone that you knew had COVID-19, and neither you nor anyone in your residence has in the past 7 days had a fever greater than 100 degrees, cough, sore throat, respiratory illness, difficulty breathing or loss of taste or smell. If any of the conditions apply to you, you may not participate in the activity. You will also be asked to provide basic contact information to use in the event contact tracing is necessary with an infected individual. Your information will only be used for this purpose and will not be shared or used for any other reason.
- Participants will be required to use face coverings at all times while in the facility. We will have masks available for $1.00.
- We will be posting signage that instructs all attendees to maintain 6 feet of physical distance, unless they are from the same family unit. Each participant is responsible for keeping their chair and/or themselves 6 feet in distance from others at all times.
- We have closed the water fountains at the Center, please bring your own water, if necessary.