- Great Room or Zoom
- January 22, 2021
- Friday, 1:30 PM to 3:00 PM
Contact event manager
Book your tickets
Birds that Winter in the Rogue Valley
Virtual Event - Zoom
Friday, 1:30 PM to 3:00 PM
January 22, 2021
This class uses photography of birds and landscapes combined with fun facts and science to teach about the birds that spend the winter in the Rogue Valley. The focus is more on behaviors and appreciation of birds rather than identification. Humans are inherently connected to nature, and by learning about birds and sharing our stories, we are enriched. No prior knowledge of birds is necessary—bring your curiosity and sense of wonder!
Questions and discussion to follow.
Registration required. Register by Thursday, January 28th to receive the Zoom access information.
About the Presenter: Shannon Rio
Shannon Rio is Board President of the Klamath Bird Observatory, a science-based nonprofit that protects birds and wild places. She has been teaching classes about birds in multiple venues for the past six years.
Cost: $5 Donation
Audience: Adults and Families
Location: Great Room or Zoom
We will announce the location of the class as soon as we learn more information about the freeze mandated by the state. We will remain closed for in-person programming until Jackson County is removed from the State’s Extreme Risk category.
- Registrations will be limited to the first 20 people who register and submit their payment.
- Masks are required, social distance will be practiced, and a contract tracing questionnaire will be completed by each participant.
- If you would like to bring your own lawn chair or camp chair feel free to do that. Folding chairs will be provided.
- Please be aware of the following requirements when participating in an INDOOR Jacksonville Community Center activity:
- All participants will fill out a brief COVID questionnaire each time they participate in an activity. On that questionnaire you will agree that you have not, in the past 14 days, been in contact with anyone that you knew had COVID-19, and neither you nor anyone in your residence has in the past 7 days had a fever greater than 100 degrees, cough, sore throat, respiratory illness, difficulty breathing or loss of taste or smell. If any of the conditions apply to you, you may not participate in the activity. You will also be asked to provide basic contact information to use in the event contact tracing is necessary with an infected individual. Your information will only be used for this purpose and will not be shared or used for any other reason.
- Participants will be required to use face coverings at all times while in the facility. We will have masks available for $1.00.
- We will be posting signage that instructs all attendees to maintain 6 feet of physical distance, unless they are from the same family unit. Each participant is responsible for keeping their chair and/or themselves 6 feet in distance from others at all times.
- We have closed the water fountains at the Center, please bring your own water, if necessary.