- Jacksonville Community Center Great Room
- September 2, 2020
- Wednesday, 7:00 PM to 9:00 PM
Contact event manager
Book your tickets
Ancient Trails: Exploring the Lifeways of First Nations People in North America with Tom Smith
Wednesday, 7:00 PM to 9:00 PM
September 2, 2020
Tom Smith is a Native American Elder who has offered many local presentations on Native American lifeways, including through the Southern Oregon Historical Society. Native Americans in our valley come from many nations and cultural traditions. Tom will address this diversity while talking about hunting and gathering methods, families, Warrior Society and honor code, as well as leadership roles. He will bring a unique and beautiful display of artifacts which he has created, including traditional tools, weapons, beadwork and weaving. Tom is a storyteller and cultural interpreter with a long-standing commitment to increasing knowledge and understanding of Native communities. We are excited to have this opportunity to share his expertise!
- All events are located at the Jacksonville Community Center at 160 E. Main St Jacksonville, OR in the Great Room.
- Registrations will be limited to the first 20 people who register and submit their payment.
- Masks are required, social distance will be practiced, and a contract tracing questionnaire will be completed by each participant.
- If you would like to bring your own lawn chair or camp chair feel free to do that. Folding chairs will be provided.
Cost: $5 donation
Audience: For ages 8 yrs old and up.
Please be aware of the following requirements when participating in an INDOOR Jacksonville Community Center activity:
- All participants will fill out a brief COVID questionnaire each time they participate in an activity. On that questionnaire you will agree that you have not, in the past 14 days, been in contact with anyone that you knew had COVID-19, and neither you nor anyone in your residence has in the past 7 days had a fever greater than 100 degrees, cough, sore throat, respiratory illness, difficulty breathing or loss of taste or smell. If any of the conditions apply to you, you may not participate in the activity. You will also be asked to provide basic contact information to use in the event contact tracing is necessary with an infected individual. Your information will only be used for this purpose and will not be shared or used for any other reason.
- Participants will be required to use face coverings at all times while in the facility. We will have masks available for $1.00.
- We will be posting signage that instructs all attendees to maintain 6 feet of physical distance, unless they are from the same family unit. Each participant is responsible for keeping their chair and/or themselves 6 feet in distance from others at all times.
- We have closed the water fountains at the Center, please bring your own water, if necessary.